LAW Absolute is recruiting to a Specialist Governance Lawyer role with a local authority based in London. This is an interim role to start ASAP for an initial three-month period.
The successful Governance Lawyer will be required to undertake the following:
- Deliver complex legal advice to clients, officers, the cabinet, committees, other council bodies and elected members.
- Develop and deliver the councils plan, corporate and service strategies, policies, and operational plans to ensure the achievement of service and value for money outcomes.
- Lead a team of lawyers and information governance specialists.
- Provide expert advice and support to the MO and DMO in the discharge of their statutory functions.
- Advise on the impact of new legislation on the delivery of the council’s services.
- Advise on governance issues, the council’s constitution and associated protocols and training for officers and members.
- Implement new or updated methods, forms and processes as required by new legislation or guidance.
- Respond to FOI, environment information, SAR’s, requests from members of parliament and respond to ombudsman, information commissioner or other regulatory complaints.
It is essential you possess substantial information governance experience and have a sound understanding of issues that impact local authorities. You will lead a team, and therefore will be the go-to person for complex matters. You must be a qualified lawyer with a current practising certificate. Previous local government experience would be highly advantageous.
Due to the urgent nature of the role, we are seeking candidates available on no more than 2 weeks’ notice.
To register an interest in the position, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.