A local authority based in London is seeking a Senior Litigation Legal Assistant for an initial period of three months.
The Senior Litigation Legal Assistant will be required to undertake the following tasks:
- Prepare cases for litigation ensuring all evidence, statements and summons are properly prepared and served.
- Liaise closely with court officers.
- Carry a caseload of debt recovery, possession proceedings and disrepair matters.
- Prepare conveyancing documents for completion and ensure all background and draft documents are properly prepared and served.
- Instruct counsel for the presentation of cases in court, appeals, inquiries, tribunals, and other hearings.
- Support the lawyers within the team as well as assist and cover colleague’s work.
Candidates must have previous experience working within a litigation department as a paralegal. Local government experience would be highly advantageous.
Candidates must be available on no more than 4 weeks’ notice. This is a hybrid working role and will require presence in the office on a weekly basis.
To register an interest in the role, please send an updated CV to email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.