A local authority based in the home counties (Southern England) is seeking a Planning Lawyer on a permanent basis.
The successful Planning Lawyer will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Provide advice to the council’s planning department and members relating to Town & Country Planning and associated legislation.
- Manage a varied caseload of complex and substantial legal work including, but not limited to, planning disputes, section 106 agreements, providing advice and support on planning law issues, drafting agreements, article 4 directions, public inquiries, the local plan.
- Draft instructions to Counsel and reports.
- Negotiate, draft and deal with agreements under s.106 Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and any other related agreements.
- Advise on planning enforcement matters including, enforcement notices, stop notices etc.
Planning Lawyers applying to the role must be a qualified solicitor/barrister or CILEX. You must have a practising certificate.
The salary on offer for the role is £42,614- £52,512 per annum.
Previous local government experience is highly advantageous. Our client operates a hybrid working model.
To register an interest in the role, please send an updated CV to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th June 2022.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.