Senior Legal Counsel
|Location:||London Central, London|
|Pay Details:||£500 - £550 per day|
|Experience Level:||Senior Legal Counsel|
LAW Absolute is currently working with a global distributor for engineers, in their search for a well-rounded Commercial Lawyer for a three month interim period.
Reporting directly into their Head of Legal, you will be working as part of their small, dynamic legal team and advise on a wide range of issues in a fast-paced multi-national environment. In particular, you will:
• build strong relationships with senior management across the business to provide pragmatic solutions to legal issues;
• support the delivery of the Group’s innovation agenda, in particular across ecommerce and digital activities, enabling risk-taking through practical commercially-focussed advice;
• work closely with stakeholders across the business to enable the delivery of the Group’s targets, balancing multiple local legal environments to ensure that the Group undertakes its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations (including data protection and competition law);
• advise on material national and global Customer, Supplier and Distribution network contracts and support the business in negotiating these contracts to a conclusion.
To be successful in this role you will be an English qualified solicitor with reasonable post-qualification experience and have:
• a broad technical knowledge of corporate and commercial legal issues ideally gained whilst operating as an in-house lawyer;
• strong experience of drafting and negotiating complex cross-border commercial agreements;
• experience of multi-national legal requirements and managing cross-border transactions;
• strong project management skills and the demonstrated ability to manage and prioritise your own workload (balancing short term reactive elements with medium/long term proactive personal and departmental objectives);
• exceptional ability to respond flexibly to a fast-moving international business environment;
• excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex legal concepts in plain, simple and easily understood language.
The anticipated start date is 21st May with interviews being held on 17th May.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained.
LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.Apply Now