Public Law Specialist
|Location:||Manchester, North West|
|Pay Details:||£46,500.00- £49,700.00|
|Sector:||Central Government & Regulatory Bodies|
LAW Absolute is currently working on behalf of a statutory body seeking a Human Rights public litigation lawyer for a fixed term of 12 months. There is the option for the successful candidate to be based in either London or Manchester.
An ideal candidate will be competent in advising and conducting judicial review litigation with a detailed and specialist knowledge of human rights legislation.
Individuals who are able to demonstrate an ability to work autonomously, as well as take initiative and show leadership, will be most desirable.
A successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking numerous tasks including:
- Providing specialist technical expertise on public law and equality of human rights.
- Developing litigation strategies and exercising regulatory powers with particular focus on section 30 Equality Act 2006.
- Analysis of compliance in line with various statutory laws including: Human Rights Act 1998, International Human Rights Act and the Equality Act.
- Translation and communication of complex legal concepts.
- Identifying and engaging with external stakeholders and building effective relationships.
Immersed within a collaborative environment, a successful candidate will liaise with the Legal leadership team and work cohesively to ensure the compliance of Human Rights. An ability to innovate and show confidence in expressing opinion will be imperative to add value within this role.
If this role sounds of potential interest and you would like to discuss further, please send your CV straight away to Lauren Marty at LMarty@lawabsolute.com
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained.
LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.Apply Now