Planning Senior Lawyer
|Location:||London Central, London|
|Pay Details:||£43,800 - £50,106 plus up to £10,000pa market supplement (All market supplements are payable pro rata as an addition to monthly salary and reviewable at the end of each calendar year (ie 31 December 2017)|
LAW Absolute is currently recruiting to a permanent Senior Planning Lawyer role on an exclusive basis.
Our client is a local authority shared service with offices in London and the Home Counties. They are a Lexcel and Investors in People Gold accredited practice who pride themselves on delivering a high quality service and as an organisation they embrace change and innovation and are regarded as being extremely forward thinking with their approach.
The successful Senior Planning Lawyer will be a key member of the planning and regeneration team and required to support the development of the shared service.
• Provide advice on matters arising from the Councils’ regeneration, highways and planning responsibilities including high profile corporate projects;
• Provide advice on high profile matters, including advising elected members at committee in a proactive and politically sensitive manner;
• Undertake CPO matters;
• Represent the council at Committee;
• Negotiate and draft complex planning and highways agreements;
• Provide a pragmatic approach to the conduct of high profile matters;
• To act as a senior liaison point for clients and to provide professional support and supervision for more junior colleagues. The role will include performing line management duties as required and therefore you must be happy to undertake management responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be working with a forward thinking team delivering a high quality proactive legal service for multiple local authority clients. Due to the nature of the role, this position would suit an adaptable and experienced Lawyer with previous supervisory experience and someone used to leading on large scale regeneration projects. A high level of client contact will be involved in this role and therefore it is essential you pride yourself on your client care skills.
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, alongside the opportunity to work with some real experts in this field.
If you would be interested in applying to this position then please send your CV to Zoe Alex- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7092 8012 for a confidential conversation. The closing date for applications for this position is Monday 24th July 2017
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained.
LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
LAW Absolute has specialised in legal local government recruitment since 2003. Today, almost 400 lawyers work through LAW Absolute within local government throughout England and Wales. Our reputation, networks and exceptional market knowledge place LAW Absolute in the prime position to provide the best possible service to both employers and lawyers seeking work.Apply Now