|Location:||London West, London|
We are currently working with a well-known retail brand in their search for a Commercial Lawyer on an initial 6 month fixed term contract.
Working alongside and reporting directly into the Head of Legal UK & Ireland, you will be drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, managing personal injury claims, managing the Legal Work Tracker and Contracts databases.
- To draft, review and amend a broad range of general commercial agreements with a technology, procurement, sales and marketing bias independently and with the assistance of the Head of Legal.
- To assist the Head of Legal with rolling out standard form agreements, template agreements and terms and conditions across the business and implement appropriate training and processes to embed new ways of working.
- To assist the Head of Legal and other stakeholders with contractual interpretation queries.
- To draft variation agreements, terminations letters and provide general support for existing contractual arrangements.
- To maintain an up to date database of all agreements entered into by the UK & Ireland business.
Marketing and Sales Advice and Support
- To advise on and review copy for marketing campaigns and marketing promotions.
- To draft terms and conditions for short term tactical activity, often to short deadlines.
- To advise on and where appropriate oversee regulatory complaints and investigations.
- To draft sales focused agreements delivering significant revenue for the business. This will include advising on their standard form agreements and third party terms.
Additional legal support
- To act as the first point of contact for Intellectual Property matters with external counsel.
- Drafting notes of advice, checklists and providing general guidance and advice to stakeholders from the MD through to site management.
- To manage anti-money laundering and subject access requests.
- To assist with training and compliance programmes across the business.
Litigation – personal injury claims
- Manage personal injury claims and all requests for information from our insurers and solicitors in the defence of all claims including liaising with site management, customer services, facilities and health and safety to investigate the claim and supply our insurers and their solicitors with any information they may require in support of that claim;
- Liaise with other departments in the business as is necessary regarding the taking, for instance, of witness statements and engineers reports.
- To maintain an accurate, up to date log of all licences and data protection renewals.
- To manage department administration including managing the UK Legal team drive and drafting letters, notices and contracts.
- To maintain and update the weekly Legal Work Tracker.
- To maintain and organise the legal contracts database and filing system for original documents, maintain the deeds and keep an up to date record.
- To track expenditure and process any relevant invoices and ensure POs are raised correctly and on time ready for approval and payment.
- Commercial Lawyer with upwards of 1 year PQE
- Extensive experience reviewing and amending commercial contracts with and without supervision
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage expectations, juggle workload and meet deadlines in a fast paced business
- Ideally worked within the Retail, FMCG, Leisure or hospitality sector
- Experience of advising on advertising and marketing law matters
- Drafting and rolling out new template agreements and terms and conditions, stakeholder training, developing and implementing new processes to increase team efficiency and output
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven Commercial Lawyer to join a well-known brand in a highly autonomous and broad general commercial role.
This role requires someone to start within the next two weeks.
They will also consider 4 days a week however you must be in work Tuesdays and Thursdays.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained.
LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.Apply Now