Education and Adults Senior Lawyer
|Location:||London Central, London|
|Pay Details:||£43,800 - £50,106|
LAW Absolute is currently recruiting to a permanent Education and Adults Senior Lawyer position with a well sought after shared service with offices in London and the Home Counties.
Our client is a Lexcel and Investors in People Gold accredited practice who pride themselves on delivering a high quality service. As an organisation they embrace change and innovation and are regarded as being extremely forward thinking with their approach.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake the following duties:
• To lead on Special Education matters, including preparation of and advocacy at SENDIST Tribunal hearings;
• To advise both schools and Councils in respect of admission and exclusion matters and provide training to Governing Bodies, Appeal Panel members and colleagues as required;
• To provide advocacy as required for adult social care matters;
• To advise on adult social care matters as required;
• To advise on high profile matters, including advising elected members at committee in a proactive and politically sensitive manner;
• To support the Team Leader in the running and development of the team, including performing line management duties as required. Supervision will be an essential part of the role.
The successful candidate will come on board as a senior member of staff and will be joining a team of specialist lawyers. It is important that you have a real enthusiasm for assisting with developing and mentoring colleagues as this will be an important part of the role. A high standard of client care is required in this position.
If you are looking to join an organisation where you can obtain a greater range and depth of legal expertise whilst working alongside some real experts in the field, then this is the next challenge for you.
There is flexibility for the post to be primarily based in either the practice’s London or Home Counties’ office, both of which have excellent transport links, although some travel will be required to other client’s offices and to court / tribunal.
If you would be interested in applying to this position then please send your CV to Zoe Alex- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7092 8012 for a confidential conversation. The closing date for applications for this position is Monday 24th July 2017
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained.
LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
LAW Absolute has specialised in legal local government recruitment since 2003. Today, almost 400 lawyers work through LAW Absolute within local government throughout England and Wales. Our reputation, networks and exceptional market knowledge place LAW Absolute in the prime position to provide the best possible service to both employers and lawyers seeking work.Apply Now